General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Just Saying Thanks, LS1Tech.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just Saying Thanks, LS1Tech.

Well, today I replaced the water pump on my moms 91 Buick Century.

I gotta admit, I went into it with no experience. The most I've done to a car is the FRA mod and lid on my TA.

I've never felt so proud and accomplished. It was the best feeling in the world to have the car running better than it did before the repairs; and I saved a bunch of money. Costed me 60$ total.

LS1Tech didn't teach me how to repair a water pump on a Buick, but it did instill alot of confidence in me. I was able to determine what the problem was and take action to fix it.

I look at her car as practice for me (but we wont tell her). Lucky for me, it's a V6 turned sidways with no clutch fan, so it was easier compared to some cars, but I think I could do any water pump on any car now. No fear!

So, thanks to everyone that contributes to this site. You've been a wealth of knowledge and information.

Like G.I. Joe cartoons used to say, 'Knowing is half the battle', and, in terms of car repair, 'having the right tools is the rest'. The hardest part was the tensioner pulley on a small ratchet. I invested 15$ in a longer ratchet and it was cake.

I had fun doing this repair though I wouldn't say I look forward to future repairs.. but when the need does arise, I wont be so intimidated and tackle it with confidence.

You guys rock.

Mike.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you mean. I have done things I never would have thought I could. I have gained so much from the help on this site.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:20 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

G.I. Joe kicks ***....
Old 11-20-2005, 08:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome. Same here.