General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Door lock wiring

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 12:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Door lock wiring

During the replacement of my driver's power window motor, I managed to dislocate the 3 wires from the power lock switch. Can someone give me a diagram for replacement? There's 3 wires (Black, Red/black-stripe, Orange/black-stripe) and 5 connection posts. I tried duplicating the setup from the passanger side, to no avail.

Moving the connections around, I can make it unlock, or lock, but never lock AND unlock (using up/down on the button, I can only activate one at a time)

Can anyone possibly pop their panel up, and report back how their's is wired in their TA or link me to something that would help me?

You guys are great, thanks!
Old 11-25-2005, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

Bump?
Old 11-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Hmm, i dont know how you lose those but it's possible, i just finished doing my window motor replacement. The connections for all of the controls shoudl all be attatched. However, I believe the wires come from the bottom right of the door, so check around there.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

Didn't lose the wires, when removing the plastic piece for the switch they popped out of the clear plastic piece (it does have a backing). Basicly I need a picture, or someone to tell me which colors go where on the plastic piece that connects to the switch.

** <- Drivers Side Switch??

BO <- Passanger's Side Switch
R*

(B = Black, O = Orange/black, R = Red/black)