General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

vibration

Old 11-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Board Certified Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration

Hey every1 i have had my car for a good 2 weeks Now it only has 13k Miles on it.. 00 z28 A4..Now my question is when i am driving at about 50 MPH just crusing and such. I get a funny vibration in my Gas peddel its enough to go up my leg and such.. It seems to be right before it shifts itself into 3rd but i have to touch the gass a little more if oyu knwo what i mean for it to get rid of the vibration..even before it hits 3rd.. i was wondering if any of you guys out there with a 00 a4 have ever noticed this in ur CAR. i was thinking that it could be just not enouhg fule or somting along thoses lines..Should i be worried. COULD it LEAD to somthing bigger later down the ROAD..
Old 11-29-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Resident

I get a vibration, similar to yours, too. I have had it since I can remember, even before moding it. I thought it was tuning, but, after good dyno tune, it didn' t change. I wonder if it is the driveshaft, or in the rear end. Funny thing is, it isn' t always in the same place, RPM or MPH wise. Strange. Unless you get a funny noise, or it gets worse, live with
Old 11-29-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Resident

Have the tires balanced... if that doesnt fix it then flush the tranny fluid... if theres condesation in it then it can slip causeing a vibration... i know we have a problem with that on the 300C hemi's that come into the dealership that i work at,

Thats my 2cents

Search this Thread