General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

LT1/LS1 Wiper Arms Different?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question LT1/LS1 Wiper Arms Different?

It looks like the wiper arms on my 97 Camaro are upside down--at least compared to my 99 Firebird. Has anyone else seen this?

On the Camaro, there's no way to install Anco Aeroadvantage wiper blades because the hinge cannot be reversed (same with Michelins). The same blades fit the Firebird perfectly.

Can anyone with a 93-97 F-body please compare theirs to mine and let me know if it's just mine, or are all pre-98's this way?
Attached Thumbnails LT1/LS1 Wiper Arms Different?-97-camaro.jpg   LT1/LS1 Wiper Arms Different?-99-firebird.jpg  
Old 01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '95 firebird and a 2002 T/A and I was trying to put winter blades on and could not get it to work. The arm curves up like your photo. I have not looked at the T/A since it is stored for the winter, but I bet it curves down like yours does. You could probably switch the arms out with ones from a junk yard and get it to work. You just lose the really cool spoilers on the arms. Good Luck.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was talking about this the other day with another fbody owner. Apparently there's only one or two companies that make wiper blades that work in that "reverse" hook style wiper blades.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if it's possible to swap the arms to the 98+ style. They look like they'd fit and you can pick them up on eBay for not too much $$.

For now, I modified my Anco's on a grinder to make them fit. Maybe I'll look into an arm swap in the spring...

Thanks to those of you who took the time to look at yours and let me know I don't have a mutant!

Quick Reply: LT1/LS1 Wiper Arms Different?