General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

O2 Sensor rattle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My O2 Sensors rattle too! I thought i was the cats going bad, but when i took it to a muffler shop, they put it on a lift and started it. I found that the ring was rattling on the sensor. He told me to put a dab of high temp rtv and he said that would help it from rattling. I did that and it worked!
Old 01-14-2006, 02:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys might of just solved my problem. I developed a rattling sound that like riiiiiiing. Riiiiiiiing like it has a rythm to it and I have long tubes with cats and it just started and it seems like its at it worst now. I knew that every once in a while the y-pipe would hit the tunnel brace but this sound is different.

I'm going to walmart and buying some pliers tomorrow and a set of rino ramps! (I'm at school so I don't have access to my garage at parents).
Old 01-14-2006, 10:16 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by VsGonzo
You guys might of just solved my problem. I developed a rattling sound that like riiiiiiing. Riiiiiiiing like it has a rythm to it
Annoying as hell, isn't it?

When you get under the car and start banging the Y-pipe with your hand, you should be able to tell if that's it or not. Mine was very obvious.

Quick Reply: O2 Sensor rattle?