General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

squeak in hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeak in hatch?

My hatch squeaks so bad and drives me crazy. I've unscrewed the rubber dampeners to tighten it more like what was suggested as well as put electric tape in the gap to close it more tightly..Still the same old annoying squeak. What do you guysdo to solve this problem?
Old 01-31-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah i have the same exact problem it drives me nuts, i put some towels in between the hatch and the car, it helped but looks goofy, i want to know the answer to this as well.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

I had the same damn problem with my car.It squeaked every time I went over a bump. I eventually found that the spare tire was squeaking when it rubbed against the well it's in. I put some towels and an old shirt around the tire and the squeak magically disappeared. Now on to the other 23452 squeaks!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the bracket that holds the rear hatch release in place. Move it around with your hand and see if it squeaks. Mine was squeaking like a ****. I noticed that the tack welds on the bracket busted loose I had to put a rubber spacer between the loose bracket and the back wall to eliminate the squeaking.