General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2001 SS 51k Only mod is a SLP lid Service Engine Soon light????

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talking 2001 SS 51k Only mod is a SLP lid Service Engine Soon light????

Well today just driving the SS to the bodyshop to get repaired after some dumb bitch backed into me I see the low oil light come on. No big deal i was going to change the oil this week anyway. Then I notice the Service Engine Light is on. I not really to concerned but I would like to know if any of you out there experienced this and if so what did it turn out to be. My area is flooded with Advanced Auto Parts and Pep Boys and they dont scan for free. The closest AutoZone is 40 minutes away from me What do you guys think? Maybe a o2 sensor? Maybe time for new plugs and wires? Thanks alot
Old 02-07-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well for one I would either add or change the oil asap. Now for the SES light you say it came on after you just installed a SLP lid. Did you install a precharged-oil K&N filter as well. The have been known to cause a MAF fault with to much oil.
Did you reconnect everyting correctly- MAF, or the inlet temp sensor. I would look at what you did prior to.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

but i had a SLP lid put on my SS and the SES light actually turned off cause we cleaned off my throttlebody, i had the smooth bellows put on also, get it scanned and add some oil or change it