General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window rattles need alittle help

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 07:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window rattles need alittle help

Yeah both my windows are loose when the windows are half down and I hit a bump or shut the door they wiggle a bit and it drives me nuts. My current lady likes to shut the door by the window, she doesn't under stand that it ***** up with windows, and when i explain it to her she is clueless.

So anyway...how do you go about fixing this? Also removal of the door panels easy, hard? Lay it on me folks.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

door panels really arent that hard. just a couple of screws and then its a matter of getting those little push in panel retainers loose
once you get the panel off, there should be two little adjustment brackets at the top of the door. they have a bolt going down through them and have felt on them. those two brackets might need adjustment and i have seen them broke before also.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PopaPork
Yeah both my windows are loose when the windows are half down and I hit a bump or shut the door they wiggle a bit and it drives me nuts. My current lady likes to shut the door by the window, she doesn't under stand that it ***** up with windows, and when i explain it to her she is clueless.

So anyway...how do you go about fixing this? Also removal of the door panels easy, hard? Lay it on me folks.
1st..**** can her!
2nd..What Ive found is that whats ratteling in my door isnt the glass but its the metal rod that activates the door lock..its not broke ..but theres just enough play to let it rattle whenever i go over some bumps....

The connectonit makes is like an "L".. whic makes it hard to do to much about..but whi I did was to get some expanding foam and a small plastic bag..wrapped teh "L" in teh bag then filled teh bag with expanding foam....holds everything in place...its flexable and reversible if ever I bneed to remove it..took care of the rattle