General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Idles @ 300rpm, interior/exterior lights dim

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im somewhat having the same problem...car has mods as seen..re tuned the car...car has been in open loop tune for a long time..this time randomly the ses light will come on and then go off within a few minutes and wont see it again for a couple of hours or sometimes minutes..idles fine..runs fine...kind of seemed like it ran shitty down low tho so checked the codes and had that gay o2 sensor code...so replaced both o2's tonight and hopefully it will go away if not i have no earthly idea
Old 03-18-2006, 07:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Checked for burnt/broken vacuum hoses and did not find any. Pulled my spark plugs and looked for a crack or anything out of the ordinary. Nothing too exciting there. I plan on going on the dyno today so I can check my A/F ratio. I'd like to know if I'm really as lean as it's tellin' my computer.

Last edited by reocamaro; 03-18-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

Checked O2 sensors. Thought it was the problem because when I put it on the other side that side showed up lean too. So I'm like okay, I'll change the o2 sensor, and then I'm in the clear. Nope, Motherf*ck** light in again. Is there anything that I haven't checked? I know I'm talking to myself out there because I'm the only one that has ever had this problem.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by reocamaro
I took the car to autozone and they seemed to tell me everything looks good on their machine. And now I'm thinking it might be the TPS. It feels like I have MORE boost lag than I should have. I tap the gas cruisin' at 2000 rpm, just to give it a little gas, and there's a second delay before anything registers on my tach. I think the throttle position isn't responding fast enough. Does that make any rational sense?
DAMN YOU LET AUTOZONE TOUCH YOUR CAR

YOUR A BRAVE MAN!!
Old 05-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've cleaned the MAF, but have you tried swapping it out with a different one? Know anybody local you can swap with?

MAF's can be crappy but not throw a code. MY GTP was running like garbage, and a junkyard MAF swap cured it. Never set a light though.

That's about all I can think of... would say the 02 sensors but if you've already swapped those as noted above, then that's probably not it.