General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Front brake squeal

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front brake squeal

Just before I went on deployment, I had to purchase new rotors for my car. I didn't realize it until it was too late to wait for an order to come in. I was forced to by Autozone specials because my wife had to use the car while I was gone. Well, now I'm home for emergency leave for a couple of weeks and I still have this horrible squeal.

I was wondering if anyone knew of something that might be causing it. I've already greased the area where the pads touch the caliper and also roughed up the rotor a little with sandpaper hoping that would fix it. Well it did for about the first 3 red lights that I came to, but it's back again and I don't know what else to do.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

i would clean the rotors with brake clean and then grease the pins in the calipers and make sure that all is tight and after that i don't know maybe check the dust shield.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Could it be that your brake rotors were turned improperly. Check to see that they run true. Or maybe Heat cracked or worn "un-true" rotors,, Loose fitting brake pads in the brake calipers, Lack of silicone compound on back of brake pad, Missing springs or anti-rattle clips that should be on the caliper or pad, Improper tightening sequence of lug nuts or caliper hardware, Contamination on the brake pad i.e. brake fluid or grease.

Good luck.