General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

RH front blinker driving me nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RH front blinker driving me nuts!

My RH front turn signal quit working. All bulbs are ok and even swapped from one side to the other. Bulb will not come on when DRL's are active, I have to manually flip the light switch up one notch to have it come on. Bulb does work with hazards, just not the turn signal. Only thing I can think of left is the flasher unit and the turn signal switch but I'm pretty much counting out the flasher unit since the left side does work. But just for grins I ordered one and will attempt to replace it tomorrow. Would the DRL module cause this particular light not to blink? Am I missing anything else? Anything else left for me to check? I did stick a screwdriver between the blades in the connector (to show a good bulb) to complete the circuit and the flasher unit still wouldn't click but it did for the LH side. Maybe a bad connector? HELP!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had the exact same problem with my RH DRL...parking lights worked fine along with everything else, except the DRL and turn signal.

Its the socket....go to your bank and take out a small loan, then go to GM parts and buy a new socket.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:27 AM
Teching In

Thanks, I was afraid of that. Remember it was about 50.00 for the damn thing. Appreciate it!
T