General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

platinum spark plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
I took the denso iridium's out when I just changed mine. They looked Ok but the gap was like .070. I was not sure how long they were in there. Did the 02 Z come with the Denso's originally does anyone know? I think the 02 did come with iridiums originally. I went with the TR55's. I put 2500 miles a year on my car so these should last me a good 4 years and I couldn't justify the price difference in that after 4 years I'd change plugs no matter what kind I used.

got damn...only 2500??? that's two thousand five hundred miles rite??? kaka...i go no less then 2500 a month...
Old 06-07-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

I think the norm is TR55 for Na, TR6 for Nitrous use.

I dont need no bling blingin' spark plugs.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yellowbrother
got damn...only 2500??? that's two thousand five hundred miles rite??? kaka...i go no less then 2500 a month...
I have 2 other cars that are daily drivers. The Z is only my "fun" car. I take it out when the weather is nice and I need to take some aggression out on the road The rest of the time I just Zaino it and it sits in my garage under a car cover. I'm an old man and the stick is no fun in traffic anymore.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:05 PM
jic
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mike2kZ
I think the norm is TR55 for Na, TR6 for Nitrous use.

I dont need no bling blingin' spark plugs.
is there a big difference between the normal tr55 and the irdiums?
debating on which one to get..some say the irdiums are just a waste of money
Old 06-08-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

That's what I've heard. I'm running plain TR6s

Check the gaps before installing. They come pregapped, but it's just piece of mind to be sure they're all gapped correctly BEFORE installing. Hate to install them and always wonder if they were right.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

i will never ever ever run platnuims again. i never put them in my ls1 and i never will. my old mazda mx6 had copper vpowers and they ran perfect and colered perfect i gave it a tune up with platniums and the car imediatly was slower less reponsive and i was told they are horrible and known for detonating motors especailly f/i motors. i then pulled em out with only 200 miles on them and they were all black and nasty like somthin wasnt right. put vpowers back in everything went back to normal and the next time i checked the plugs in about 500 miles perfect coloring again. a buddy also has seem those plugs come out glowing unlike anythinghe has ever seen before. they hold heat and do cause preignition and stuff , id stay away, the iridiums seem to be good i have them in my car currently i also ran the tr55's i havent noticed any diffrence.