o_O Is that Aaron!?

God man, you just blew your cover!
Old 06-01-2006 | 06:30 AM
Teching In

Default !

nop,, im from kuwait ,, srry , n where r u from
Old 06-01-2006 | 07:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Some engines would be fine. I had a buddy who had a POS Bronco II back in the day and he would know it needed oil when it just "stopped". He must have siezed that engine 100 times and would just let it cool fill it up and it would run. I was with him when this happened and I could not believe he did this!

I had an old Buick that I tried to rebuild when I was a kid. Got the whole engine put back together and fired it up but I forgot to reconnect the battery ground to the block and it arc'd on the bottom of the oil filter. It was night and I didn't notice the trail of oil and since I was rebuilding it I didn't have the dash in so no "oil" light and I blew a hole in the filter and it siezed. I finaly broke it lose the next day and got it started but it had a knock that sounded very far away. Gave it some gas and BOOM! 1000 bucks later and a new engine and that was the last time I did engine work

You never know once an engine siezes whether it will be OK unless you try it. Just gotta get a new pan add oil and cross your fingers. Oh and if it runs fine with no noise I'd still trade it in.
Old 06-01-2006 | 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
Some engines would be fine. I had a buddy who had a POS Bronco II back in the day and he would know it needed oil when it just "stopped". He must have siezed that engine 100 times and would just let it cool fill it up and it would run. I was with him when this happened and I could not believe he did this!

I had an old Buick that I tried to rebuild when I was a kid. Got the whole engine put back together and fired it up but I forgot to reconnect the battery ground to the block and it arc'd on the bottom of the oil filter. It was night and I didn't notice the trail of oil and since I was rebuilding it I didn't have the dash in so no "oil" light and I blew a hole in the filter and it siezed. I finaly broke it lose the next day and got it started but it had a knock that sounded very far away. Gave it some gas and BOOM! 1000 bucks later and a new engine and that was the last time I did engine work

You never know once an engine siezes whether it will be OK unless you try it. Just gotta get a new pan add oil and cross your fingers. Oh and if it runs fine with no noise I'd still trade it in.
yeah, my dad said that if it still runs he is going to sell it and she will be without a car for her senior year..because of this and only making one payment(back to my parents) in a year and half
Old 06-01-2006 | 01:57 PM
Launching!

Old 06-02-2006 | 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

we got the oil pan off and it had a crapload of metal in it. I guess that means it's gone right?

btw insurance is supposedly covering this, she has a $500 deduct.
Old 06-02-2006 | 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by aaron653
we got the oil pan off and it had a crapload of metal in it. I guess that means it's gone right?

btw insurance is supposedly covering this, she has a $500 deduct.
Doesn't guarentee that the engine is gone, but its a bad sign, yes. Still wont know for sure until that pan is switched and its running again (this time with oil!)
Old 06-02-2006 | 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

incompident hahahah, I'm losing hope for the female population by the day.
Old 07-12-2006 | 09:06 PM
Banned

LMAO, I lost hope for them when I moved to Louisiana. -1 for chics here
Old 07-12-2006 | 11:15 PM
In Need of Cup Holders!

Originally Posted by aaron653
yeah, my dad said that if it still runs he is going to sell it and she will be without a car for her senior year..because of this and only making one payment(back to my parents) in a year and half
Ouch.
Old 07-13-2006 | 02:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stanger88
LMAO, I lost hope for them when I moved to Louisiana. -1 for chics here
HAHA LOL!
Old 07-13-2006 | 07:42 AM
Tech Resident

i don't know about you guys but i love girls that don't know a damn thing about cars. they just love our cars so much more because they appreciate them. they get impressed by our "speed" they're the girls that think our cars are "hot" and "fast" even bone *** stock.
Old 07-13-2006 | 08:40 AM
Teching In

The last time I changed the oil for my brother (he's not mechanicaly inclined in the least), I noticed it was waaay low. He told me the light came on, but he thought it was just another false alarm like the check engine light that was also on. He 'fixed' them both by covering the tell-tales with electrical tape. I took the opportunity to swap out his "OIL" cap with the tried and true "710" version for better performance.

The vehicle still runs (or seems to) just fine.
Old 07-13-2006 | 10:33 AM
Tech Resident

some people just deserve to have car problems. it's unfair that they don't. it's the only way they'll learn.
Old 07-16-2006 | 06:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
some people just deserve to have car problems. it's unfair that they don't. it's the only way they'll learn.
..and sometimes they DON'T learn lol
Old 07-17-2006 | 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Default FLEAMALES & AUTOMOBILES

Hey man, it's woman thing ! They barely know how to put fuel in . I'm an insurance adjuster/appraiser & I see it every day . You would not believe how many flea males loose control of their cars & go off roading or collide with the vehicle next to them while driving down a straight highway. Its absolutely unbelievable. They have no concept of a mechanical device or the operation of it, yet their insurance rates are way lower than ours. Records I've seen show an undue amount of claims registured to flea I mean females of all ages.They just don't pay ANY attention to the task at hand ( DRIVING ) cause they are usually on the cell phone~eating~drinking~primping~reading~anything & everything except paying attention to whats going on around em . The younger they are the more likely they are to tail gate,the older ones can barely get out of their vehicles & walk. Am I rambling? Anyway, nothing you could say about the stupid things women do behind the wheel doesn't surprise me one bit. If it wasn't for that fur burger they'd be a bounty on em !
Old 07-17-2006 | 06:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've run my '98 saturn with 112k miles on it with the low oil pressure light "blinking" and you can hear the cams. Put about two quarts of oil, voila, clicking goes away and oil pressure lite quits blinking! Now thaats a good engine....problem is that when Saturns get that amount of miles on them, the engines like to "burn" about two quarts every 1-2k miles.....oh well.....at least we're getting rid of that POS VERY soon...anybody wanna buy it??? LOL
Old 07-17-2006 | 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silver02Z28
Toast!
Chicks and oil, what's the problem? I know of a lady who overfilled her engine because she thought that she was supposed to fill it all the way to the filler cap! She just kept pouring oil in until it came up to the top!

i know a guy who did that to a brand new mercedes. still had the paper on the window.
Old 07-17-2006 | 08:27 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by ls1wfo
Hey man, it's woman thing ! They barely know how to put fuel in . I'm an insurance adjuster/appraiser & I see it every day . You would not believe how many flea males loose control of their cars & go off roading or collide with the vehicle next to them while driving down a straight highway. Its absolutely unbelievable. They have no concept of a mechanical device or the operation of it, yet their insurance rates are way lower than ours. Records I've seen show an undue amount of claims registured to flea I mean females of all ages.They just don't pay ANY attention to the task at hand ( DRIVING ) cause they are usually on the cell phone~eating~drinking~primping~reading~anything & everything except paying attention to whats going on around em . The younger they are the more likely they are to tail gate,the older ones can barely get out of their vehicles & walk. Am I rambling? Anyway, nothing you could say about the stupid things women do behind the wheel doesn't surprise me one bit. If it wasn't for that fur burger they'd be a bounty on em !
this man is my new favorite person on the forums

Originally Posted by brynnda
i know a guy who did that to a brand new mercedes. still had the paper on the window.
sooo...did it...break?

whoa, 1,000 psi oil pressure! must be gooood oil!