General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlights randomly popping up?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Headlights randomly popping up?

Twice now have my headlights randomly popped up. They went back down as soon as they came up. Once it happened after I washed my car, and the other time after my battery had been unplugged for a few hours. It's never happened before (about a month ago in the same weekend) and it hasn't happened since. I wasn't standing near my car when it happened. WTF would do that? The only thing I can think of is the light switch... now, I'll admit, I did pull it out to tap into the gray wire for my AutoMeter gauges, but nothing else! So I don't see that causing it.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the connection from the motor harness to the body harness. I found both of the gray connectors (1 for each headlamp) had corroded inside and needed replacement. I tried to save them but it was too late.

It could also be your headlamp control module or one of your motors themselves shorting out. If you can, grab a buddy and test the control module with a multi-meter. It is located near the driver side head light IFRC. If that is ok, just make sure all your connections are clean and tight.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get an Exorcist, its possessed!!!

Nah, prob what he said....mess w/the switch.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet, thanks! I'll have to look into that. The exorcist too if that doesn't work.