General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

How to change Dash Bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to change Dash Bulbs?

Hey guys.....my CEL stopped working and I need to replace the bulb....can soeone send me a link to dirrections on how to properly get behind your cluster? thanks
Old 06-26-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CEL? What's CEL? Clarify that before you go tearing in.

There are 2 screws in the bottom panel under the steering column. That panel needs dropped to get the gauge surround trim off. Gauge surround trim is held in by two screws up top, and four push-pins on bottom. Helps to pull the tilt wheel lever out and make sure the wheel is tilted down fully. From there you have room to pull the push pins out, and reach around and unscrew the left 2 from the trim peice. Then you can snake out the trim piece.

Now 4 screws are visible holding the cluster in. Once those are gone you need to pull the cluster out and undo it from the back panel connection. Just pull straight out. Now fish the cluster out. Some find it helpful to lower the column, which is supported by 2 bolts. If you know how to snake it out you can do it without dropping the column, but it is tricky.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Todddchi, do you know if they make an LED replacement cluster for the 4th Gen F-bodies?