General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Weird rattle/squeak is driving me insane...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird rattle/squeak is driving me insane...

Last weekend I jacked the car up to work on the exhaust. Obviously I had to have one side of the car on the ground and the other about a foot in the air a couple times. (I put it on jackstands) I think I might have bent, loosened or broke something by doing this.

I don't have many suspension mods, just sportlines, weld in relocation brackets, weld in sfc and a adjustable panhard rod.

This works like clockwork ever since I did that: I'll be driving along for about 10-15 minutes, come to stop light and start to hear this rattle. The rattle is coming from the right (passenger) rear. It's pretty loud, it sounds like something is loose and basically rattling against the body or another thin piece of metal. The weird part is that it rattles ONLY when I'm at a stop or in between gears, not while I'm just driving around. That's what throws me off. Also, there is a faint squeak now and then coming from that area when I hit a bump.

I'm going to jack the car back up tomorrow and see what I can find. I need you guys to give me a heads up on what to look for. My first guess was that rear shock, but I can't see how just jacking it up would affect it. I briefly checked the panhard just by sticking my hand in there and checking if it was tight and it seemed to be, I figure I need to double check that though.

Like I said, this rattle is making me loco...I don't want to suddenly snap on my way to work.

Thanks guys