General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Daytime running lamp

Old 08-12-2006, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytime running lamp

My running lamp on the driver side is not on and the blinker stays on and does not blink. When I had my firebird do this I just put up the haedlights reached down in there and changed the bulb. On the T/A the lamps are on the outside and I can't quite reach down to it. My question is am I going to have to jack it up and remove the bolts underneath to get at it just to change the damn bulb? Has anyone else had this problem, and were you able to change without jacking up the car?
Old 08-12-2006, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've managed to change it on my T/A by sticking my hand through the hole (brake duct in theory) under the light and pulling it out from there. Scrapes up the arms a little but its less time consuming than jacking it up and dropping the splash shield
Old 08-13-2006, 01:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

I dont have a TA but on mine I can change them easily by taking off the black housing that surrounds both headlights. Once off I can reach straight down
Old 08-13-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Philhawk02
I've managed to change it on my T/A by sticking my hand through the hole (brake duct in theory) under the light and pulling it out from there. Scrapes up the arms a little but its less time consuming than jacking it up and dropping the splash shield
same here. When you reach in the duct under the driving light itself you can feel the connector with the bulb in it and you turn it clockwise and the whole assembly comes out. Then you can pull it out of the duct and swap the bulbs.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:54 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys I'll try that.

Search this Thread