General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Just stalls

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 06:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just stalls

The past few days my car will stall out of nowhere. I was driving and then I noticed I couldnt hear my engine and discovered it stalled out. I let it coast, put it in P, cranked it and had to press on the gas to start it(car is Fuel Injected). Then a day later I was sitting in a left turn lane and it just shut off. I doubt this has anyhting to do with it but the day before, my friend took off the alternator but forgot to put the positive wire back on and I ended up having to get a new battery.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Regular

It could be a dead battery but my guess is that you have a dirty MAF Sensor. I'd check your air cleaner and get some electronics cleaner and clean the MAF Sensor per the instructions on the can. While you're buying the cleaner, you could have someone test your battery for you.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

My car is a 93 so it doesn't have a MAF, it's Speed Density. I went to the tranny shop for a follow up on my rebuilt tranny. They said tranny si good but car needs tune up. I floored the car to see waht they were talking about. It would get up to 3200 RPM then try to drop back down to 2000. It was liek the car was trying to shut off. I drove it home and then it shut off and I almost hit a truck with the power sterring off. Is this by any chance a bad opti?
Old 08-14-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RobZ28
My car is a 93 so it doesn't have a MAF, it's Speed Density. I went to the tranny shop for a follow up on my rebuilt tranny. They said tranny si good but car needs tune up. I floored the car to see waht they were talking about. It would get up to 3200 RPM then try to drop back down to 2000. It was liek the car was trying to shut off. I drove it home and then it shut off and I almost hit a truck with the power sterring off. Is this by any chance a bad opti?
Sorry, my mistake. I'm really not sure. Could be a faulty TPS. They are known to cause similar symptoms.