General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

vibration after track?

Old 08-23-2006, 01:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default vibration after track?

as title says after taking the car to the track i have a vibration that can be felt at high speeds. from 55mph+. i replace two tires that were cupping so now i 2 new tires out back and fronts are still good. all four wheels balanced. also i pulled the driveshaft and replaced rear ujoint (lpe3.5 DS). whats next. the vibration seems to slightly go away when i disengaged the clutch( pedal pushed in) but as soon as i engage and give it trottle vibration is more noticeable. what bothers me the most this vibtation comes and goes but it comes om everyday. meaning i go for a drive and feel it and park then i may not feeel for a while then comes back.

any suggestion will help.

thanks
Old 08-23-2006, 02:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u could of messed something up on ur clutch wat clutch do u have and how were u launchin?
Old 08-23-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

i have z06 clutch. holding @2k. then dropping it. but on the burn out i just revved and released.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

unbalance drive shaft??
Old 08-23-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

wont a unblaced drivshaft be felt all the time.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Where is the vibration coming from? Is it from the center console??? If so then your pinion angle needs to be readjusted - there are several posts on this website regarding determining pinion angle, and what is acceptable for A4 and M6 cars.

Also you'll need to check the following;

1) All bolts securing the trans. crossmember to body, and the bolt securing the trans. mount to the trans. crossmember. If bolts are loose - tighten.
2) All bolts securing the trans. mount to the tranny. If bolt is loose - tighten.
3) Check your transmission mount - if defective then replace.
4) I didn't see anything in your sig regarding a torque arm so I'm assuming you still have the stock arm on the car. Check to see that it is not damaged. If it is, then you'll need to replace it. If not, then again check all bolts securing torque arm to tranny & rearend
4) Check all bolts on LCA's, SFC's, Relocation Brackets, and PHB. If loose - tighten.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Switchblade
Where is the vibration coming from? Is it from the center console??? If so then your pinion angle needs to be readjusted - there are several posts on this website regarding determining pinion angle, and what is acceptable for A4 and M6 cars.

Also you'll need to check the following;

1) All bolts securing the trans. crossmember to body, and the bolt securing the trans. mount to the trans. crossmember. If bolts are loose - tighten.
2) All bolts securing the trans. mount to the tranny. If bolt is loose - tighten.
3) Check your transmission mount - if defective then replace.
4) I didn't see anything in your sig regarding a torque arm so I'm assuming you still have the stock arm on the car. Check to see that it is not damaged. If it is, then you'll need to replace it. If not, then again check all bolts securing torque arm to tranny & rearend
4) Check all bolts on LCA's, SFC's, Relocation Brackets, and PHB. If loose - tighten.
vibration is more noticeable up front sometimes steering wheel. not really from the center console. so the pinion angele should be fine.

1-4. i checked all those bolts and they were all tight. i didnt check the trans mount though( as far as pulling it out ) as i replaced it not to long ago.just did i visual from where i can see on my back. aslo how would i see if the torque arm is damaged? it is stock.all the bolts securing the torque arm are tighend as i did retorque the rear bolts when i removed to get to DS bolts when i replaced the rear ujoint. as for sfc's they are weld in and lca's, relocation breackets and phb those bolts are tight.

i didnt have a chance to replace the fron ujoint though. are the joints suppose to real loose. not meaning side to side movemnt but if i grab the slip yoke and move it

whats weird is i frove it pretty much this whole weehkend with no problems then today on the way towork it s started again .
thanks for your help

Search this Thread