General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

No reverse lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default No reverse lights

When i bought the car they worked and all the sudden i notice they dont. So i check them and put a new one in it and they still dont work. When i pulled the bulbs out there was this green stuff that looked like grease, and there was a ton of it, but i dont know what the problem is. Any suggestions?
Old 08-30-2006, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93BlackZ28
When i bought the car they worked and all the sudden i notice they dont. So i check them and put a new one in it and they still dont work. When i pulled the bulbs out there was this green stuff that looked like grease, and there was a ton of it, but i dont know what the problem is. Any suggestions?
i think they call that dielectric grease.. whatever it's called it's supposed to be there. extends the life of the bulb. Are you sure that your other lights are still working? Check the fuse for starters... since you have a manual there should be a reverse light sensor connected to the transmission...?
Old 08-31-2006, 08:14 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

it's probably the switch on the trans. My brother's 93 6 speeder has eaten several switches over the last few years. Never had a bulb go bad in his and yes, that "green/yellow" goo is a grease put in to combat corrosion in the sockets.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where exactly is the switch located on the trans and is it cheap and easy to get?