General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Tell me if you think the rear main cover gaskets leaking... pics attached

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me if you think the rear main cover gaskets leaking... pics attached

Well I thought the rear main seal was leaking so I tore the car apart and found a leak alright. The rear main's not leaking though, but the crank plug is and maybe the rear cover gasket. As you can see in the pictures it's pretty nasty. The flywheel's hot-spotted a little (so it needs resurfaced), the PP is hot-spotted real bad (needs resurfaced), and the clutch disc doesn't look too bad (but I'm still gonna send it to Centerforce to have them replace the pads, just to be safe). The one question I have is, in the pictures, do you think the rear cover gasket is leaking? I've inspected it and I can't tell for sure if it is or if it isn't leaking. But by the pattern of the oil spray it kinda looks like the top right of the cover gasket could be leaking. If you have an opinion either way please let me know. Thanks!!

Later
Attached Thumbnails Tell me if you think the rear main cover gaskets leaking... pics attached-car-002.2.jpg   Tell me if you think the rear main cover gaskets leaking... pics attached-car-004.1.jpg   Tell me if you think the rear main cover gaskets leaking... pics attached-car-039.1.jpg   Tell me if you think the rear main cover gaskets leaking... pics attached-car-040.1.jpg   Tell me if you think the rear main cover gaskets leaking... pics attached-car-016.1.jpg