General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Pass side window/wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Pass side window/wiring problems

Last night my pass side window worked fine. This morn I go to roll it down and nothing. I tried rolling it down with the button on the pass side and still nothing. I checked all fuses and still nothing so I figured the motor was bad, I pull the old one, while leaving it pulgged up but out of the car I try rolling it up or down and it will only go up but not down. I take the motor and get a brand new replacement and before I install it I try the same thing to make sure its going to work. Well once again all it will do is go up. I got my wire tester to see it it was getting juice to make it go down and I could touch it to the wire and press the botton down and it would light up. So im stumped. The drivers side buttons want control it all up or down. The pass side button will make it only go up. So im confused now. Its getting juice. Any one have an suggestions? on why it would go up and not down? And why the drivers side buttons want make it do anything?

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your switch is bad...
Old 09-10-2006, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001chevroletz28
your switch is bad...
Which one? Ive tested the pass side switch and it gets juice to both wires. The drivers side wire gets juice to all wires but the baby blue wire. You think the drivers side switch is bad?