General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Rev slow

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rev slow

I have to manually shift my car to get it to rev to anything above 3000 RPM. The car was acting really bad last week, sputtering, stalling out for no reason. Then it stopped stalling out. I went to test it adn whiel I was manually shifting it, it wasnt reving as fast as usual( pretty slow actually). I knwo when it gets up to aobut 3000 RPM, it start sputtering. The car does have some rocker arm damage. The damage is a chip on one rocker arm. Found it about a month ago but car wasnt really casuing problems like this till liek a week after we looked at rocker arms.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

Put it on a scanner and look at your LTFTs.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

It rained today and well the car seems to sputter at almost any RPM this time so is it the opti? It seems to be the same way the car acted when my cap and rotor went bad, just worse.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

Oh yeah I forgot yours is the LT1... Mine took a dump on my 25th Trans Am. Stalled sputtered, wouldnt run, then wouldnt start. If your having these problems check it out. ITs not too difficult to check if you have a Digital multimeter. Or if you have a spark tester, which you could make with an old spark plug, and you can test the output of each plug wire.