General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Spark Plug Wires...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got MSDs on ebay for 53 bucks shipped. They are inexpensive, good wires, and they look good.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NemesisLS1
You deffinately bring up an interesting point! Id like to give this a try in a couple of weeks to test the benefits if I may of aftermarket wires and possibly MSD coils. I can make a couple of passes on the dyno to see any HP numbers that might be gained from aftermarket ignition on a relatively stock '02 Trans Am. I will be entering the 3rd phase of Hot Rod at my school which allows us to customize the vehicles with different parts and bolt ons. One of the cars is a '02 Trans Am as well as an '05 I believe GTO with STS turbo. Im going to Pick the T/A and do some research.
Sounds like a good idea. I wish I went to your school. I'm looking for a dyno tuning course but there's nothing that a college offers around here.

Originally Posted by 98camaroLS1M6
How often should plug wires be changed? miles?
The plugs are recommended to be changed at 100,000 miles, but I'd recommend it at 75,000 if you drive spiritly and 50,000 miles if you beat it. To check the wires, I'd simply do a visual on them. Check the insulation to make sure the wire isn't exposed and check the inside of the connectors for corrosion. The last wires I swapped on my buddies '01 Camaro SS had a significant amount of corrosion on cylinders 5 and 6 but not as much on the rest, so be sure to check them all.

Quick Reply: Spark Plug Wires...