General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

catback backing off HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default catback backing off HELP

well let me start off with saying that my car has all stock exhaust on it right know, but about 2 months ago i had a hooker catback on it, well i backed it into a curb and messed it all up pushing it all the way back up in there and ruining my panhard rod and the whole catback was mangaled. well anyway i have my stock catback back on the car it is one piece was never cut. the peices all fit up in there nicely excepct after i drive for like 20 miles the catback has slipped all the way back. i have a 2 3/4 band clamp on the end were the i-pipe meets the y-pipe and it seems like it holds up in there real nice but i dont think that the clamp is holding it anymore i have replaced the band clamp because they dont leak at all and it still seems to slip back. what can i do i would get it welded but i dont want to do that cause then i could never take the y-pipe off the stock catback, HELP me so this thing dont come off down the road and kill the whole car for me thanks
Old 09-13-2006, 12:51 AM
Banned

well let me give u a word of advice......

GET SOME LONG TUBES AND CALL IT GOOD. ALONG WITH TRUE DUALS OR BORLA.!

**** THE STOCK EXHASUTS.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

drill two small holes, one through the band clamp into the I-pipe, one through the band clamp and into the y-pipe and put screws into each....this will keep both ends of the pipe in the band clamp
Old 09-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Banned

not a bad idea
drill two small holes, one through the band clamp into the I-pipe, one through the band clamp and into the y-pipe and put screws into each....this will keep both ends of the pipe in the band clamp