General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Headlight pointing to space?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlight pointing to space?

so the car had the original headlights (damn old) put some cool blue sealed beams in.. ya alittle better and i managed to aim the driver one alittle bit down by turning those nuts around the light (my mechanic got pulled over by a cop other day thinking he had his brights on... dont mind my no reg sticker, no plate bulb or front plate.. ) anyways how do i adjust these things right? i cant see!!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull your car close to a blank wall and Position tape vertically on the wall in reference to the cars center line and that of the headlights. Basically put a piece of tape level with the front of the vehicle and its headlights straight across headlight to headlight. Then put a piece of tape horizontally up and down in the center of the tape where the headlight marked tape is at. Back the car 25 ft away and adjust the screws. Its supposed to be two inches below the tape going straight accross and two inches to the right of the tape going up and down. Remeber it would probably be easier if you wait until night fall, and you probably wont get it perfect because you are supposed to adjust them with low and high beams, you probably will have to compromise on the adjustment... Hope this helps, maybe someone else has another way but that is the way i did it, you'll probably need someone to help you.