General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

DRL's!!!!!!!!!!!!! how to change sockets?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRL's!!!!!!!!!!!!! how to change sockets?

after numberous burnout light bulbs and proabbly 20 bucks spent on replaceing the bulbs im going to replace the sockets cus they get water in them and corrode out and are all burned out.
could someone please give me the part number for these. and is there any tips on changin them do i have to splice the wires and solder them?

thanks!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...threadid=15143

no solder required, you can get the sockets at an autoparts store for like $7 each

Ryan
Old 09-14-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

AutoZone's Part number is 85881. I believe the covered vehicles listed on the package is incorrect, but it is the right one.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

You don't have to solder if you get the right connectors. There are some twist on weatherproof splice connectors you can use, what I got for mine actually. Posi-Seal "Seal It" is what they're called, do a google search to check them out. Pretty cheap little project, minus the cost of the expensive housings if you're doing those too. I got the new sockets at Autozone for like 9 bucks a piece and the splice connectors at Oreilly's. I'll post some pics of them if need be, but I'm sure you can find them on Google.