General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help

okey well my car had sucked up a nut and it had fallen into cylinder #7 long story. well its a 98 ls1 and the problem is i took off the heads i located the nut and luckally it didnt really do much damage at all seriously. well my problem is i put the heads back on and everything and i turned the car on and it has a clanking noise now. so i had my heads checked at my shop and their perfectly fine because i thought it could have been a bent valve but it wasnt. i checked my pushrods and they were fine. now my mechanic told me that the noise was coming form my lifters so i replaced them and no the noise is still there. ive cheched my oil and there is no mteal shavings so i really dont know what to chech next besides the piston and rod but could that be the problem? need help please.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

IMO the head has to come off again... Otherwise you are just guessing (as is your mechanic)
Old 09-25-2006, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
IMO the head has to come off again... Otherwise you are just guessing (as is your mechanic)

yeah i planned on taking it off this weeckend when iget back from school. i think im just going to check the piston and connecting rod make sure its fine which i highly doubt because thats the only thing i havent checked.