General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Anti-Theft No start problem ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-Theft No start problem ????

My anti theft system is keeping me from starting my car. When I try to start it with the Key it will not turn the starter. When I jump the starter the car will run for 2 seconds and die. What makes it hard to figure out what the problem is .. is that it comes a goes. Anyone else have this problem??? Or have any input.

Thanks
Nick
Old 09-25-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like it's not recognizing the key (VATS issue), make sure the resistor pelet is clean first/try another key. Is the security light on when it won't start?
Old 09-25-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah had that same prob a couple of years ago it did not happen all the time,but I thought it was the vats and the dealer ship said it was the lock cylinder and that one of the wires were cut so they replaced that and got new keys and it came out to be $520 and a coup[le of days later the same problem happened.Well to make along story short it turned out had a bad ignition relay($15)part.I would star there first
Old 09-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Ill try a different key tonight, I dont think the security light came on when I was trying to figure out what was wrong last night but I wasn't really looking for it either. It sounds like a VATS issue to me also I did a little reading on all data and thats what it sounds like. Ill check the relay also that would be a nice easy fix.

Thanks