General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help!!!! No Fuel!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!! No Fuel!

so the other night my radiator hose ruptured and sprayed coolant all over my bay...and now my fuel pump no longer works....i tried drying out the fuse block and relay and even went and bough a new one...now one of the relays just buzzes and still no fuel in the rails....anyone know what might have happened?!?
Old 10-10-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

now, the relay on the lower block, bottom left right above the fuel relay (looking at fender) is buzzing? any ideas?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked for power at the F/P relay terminals? With the key on, check for power at both terminals that are switched by the relay (usually, you can look at the diagram on the relay to figure this out - the ones with the switch arm are the ones to check, not the ones with the coil between them). If you have power at one of these terminals, as you should, you can try jumpering between these two terminals to see if the fuel pump will run. If it does, it's a relay or relay control circuit problem. If it does not run, then there's a problem in the wiring to the fuel pump (or the F/P itself). If you don't get any power at the terminals, then there's a problem in the wiring or a bad fuse or fusible link.

Other things: Did you check that the fuses and connectors are dry and clean? Is your battery fully charged?
Old 10-11-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

so all my fuses re good and i went and bought the two relays for the pump and the one above (dont know what its for) and still get no fuel pump action...any thoughts