General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Put in new ported tb..have a problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 10:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Put in new ported tb..have a problem!!

i put in my new ported throttle body..and the plate that holds the throttle cable is bigger than my other tb cable holder....so my car idles around 1200 i can be doing 30 and without touching the pedal it will go up to 35 slowly...and the throttle pedal is higher up than before too...does anyone know how i can fix this....thanks for the help....
Old 10-22-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about doing this mod. Can I ask who ported it for you?

I'm also wondering how you make sure the TB you get back is the same as the one you sent. I assume you told them what year your car was. So did they send you one from another year?
Old 10-22-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the cable may be to tight, or tps may be messed up
Old 10-22-2006, 12:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There were some changes from year to year and the throttle opening rate was different on some cars (I forget the details). However, my guess is that you got a throttle body for the wrong year car. I'd contact the person you got it from and tell them what's going on and get their thoughts on it.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

^^^^ kinda right.....00-02 cars have a different throttle flange....the 98-99s have smaller ones...you can A change the flange which isnt that hard....or B get a longer cable....id go with A its not that hard

usually people will buy a different yeard TB without knowing....when ive ported TBs for people ive had to ask them what year car they have...because they will buy a newer yeard TB for there older yeard car...and id tell them theyd have to change some things.....

theres several people who port on here....just check there work first....i consider my work pretty good.....Bo white's stuff is good...and shaner out of texas is pretty good to....most people will charge between 65-100 bucks to get them ported
Old 10-22-2006, 09:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so do it isnt that hard to change the throttle cable holder ( flange) cause i'll just switch the 2 ...do you have any instructions how to change them///do you have to take the spring out first and then find a way to take the flange off??
thanks for the help everyone
Old 10-22-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

youve got to take the whole rotating assembly out....the TB will look like a core