General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help Reading Wiring Diagrams (AutoTrix)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006 | 05:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Never mind. I'm almost done, I'll write a review when I finish.

Last edited by nick_4.8sierra; 12-30-2006 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-31-2006 | 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

It could have been better. It makes sense after staring at it for a while. Lucky for me, my dad was helping and he worked on electrical systems for military aircraft for years.

The hardest part for me was pulling the wire through the door. I decided to use a wire hanger that got hung up on other wires. I couldn't see how they used a 14mm wrench with the wire cluster in the way.

Pulling the PCM out of the way is also under-explained. You really should be moving the plastic guard under the windshield out of the way first, then pulling the PCM from the plastic housing, and finally pulling the plastic housing out.

My passenger window loses the race down by about 3 inches, but it could be the motor. Advanced auto had one Siemens left, and Autozone up the road had a Dorman. So I have two different brands in now. The Dorman is the slower of the two in the passenger door.
Old 12-31-2006 | 04:36 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Customer input is good, we will try to simplify the diagrams even more in the future because the next product is a little more "involved". There will be a soon update for the site, including re-worked diagrams and products. We try to make a good detailed install directions with as little disassembly as possible.
We have stocked a more stiff insulated wire to help with the firewall/door pass-thur.
If there are any questions that anyone may have during an install please feel free to PM or email any autotrix associate and we will walk you through the install while on the phone.

Gnomee
Autotrix
sales@autotrix.net
Old 01-01-2007 | 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea, I was having trouble with the install also. I emailed AutoTrix and in less than an hour Jed called me and walked me through all the wiring. He was very helpful. I'm done with the wiring now all I have to do is put the door panel back on and some interior pieces.

By the way, I had to take out my PCM once and it wasent fun. Luckily for me my battery was relocated to the spare tire storage in the back of the car so I just wiring it directly to the battery and grounded it under the dash. I just tested it and it seems to work well. I will let you know further details when I'm totally finished.

-Nick
Old 01-01-2007 | 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Finally done, and I just wrote a product review!!

Quick Reply: Help Reading Wiring Diagrams (AutoTrix)