General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Lots of problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lots of problems

Ok so I bought my car in June. Since then, that same day, I've had to fix some things and other have broken.

That day I had to fix the front right blinker because the people at the car lot were stupid and thought that the light staying solid meant the blinker was working. Then the gas cap and new wipers. They had a twist on cap in the car instead of the snap in kind.

Since then, I've replaced the PCV valve, the fuel filter, the left front blinker 3 times (and it just went out again).

I'm having an issue with the MAF. Code P0102, Mass Air Flow Low Input or whatever.

The tie rod on the right needs to be replaced.

The "T" fitting that keeps my lines together for my a/c and heater is broken. (I keep forgetting to go get that part.)

I hit a series of poorly filled in pot holes the other day now my front right end is even more screwed up. It makes a humming noise when I turn my wheel to the left and the noise goes away when I turn my wheel to the right. When I go slow there's a constant vibration almost like I'm driving over rumble strips.

Plus my car smells like rotten eggs off and on. So either my Cat is going out or the timing is off.

So today I get to take my car into a mechanic to have it diagnosed. And if the cat is going out I'm sending my car off a cliff because I've had it.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Regular

I am afraid it is all part of owning a car. Stuff breaks your not alone
Old 01-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Launching!

its a GM car..... general maintenance
Old 01-05-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaro Girl
I hit a series of poorly filled in pot holes the other day now my front right end is even more screwed up. It makes a humming noise when I turn my wheel to the left and the noise goes away when I turn my wheel to the right. When I go slow there's a constant vibration almost like I'm driving over rumble strips.
The wheel hub bearing is going out, replace the whole spindle. You can pick one up from a discount auto parts chain store for about $120.

So today I get to take my car into a mechanic to have it diagnosed. And if the cat is going out I'm sending my car off a cliff because I've had it.
Cats are covered under federal warranty for 8 years/80,000 miles. Dealer will replace it for free if it goes bad.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Plus my car smells like rotten eggs off and on. So either my Cat is going out or the timing is off.
Thats a sign of a defective cat, the timing should never be off unless you change it in the PCM< if anything if extremely modded it would just be not making as much power as it could be making.

As for the MAF, those seem to **** out on 3.8's alot, you may need another, the thing may not be able to read the air since its dying.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Weezzer
The wheel hub bearing is going out, replace the whole spindle. You can pick one up from a discount auto parts chain store for about $120.

Cats are covered under federal warranty for 8 years/80,000 miles. Dealer will replace it for free if it goes bad.
Or try this first. It worked for me.

http://www.autobarn.net/chcat-1.html
Old 01-06-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Weezzer

Cat warranty was extended to 10yr/120k, '00-'02. Search under "service bulletin" to find out more info.

Does your car have a salvaged title?

Last edited by BigDaddyBry; 01-06-2007 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you mean the bulb or the actual blinker on the fuse panel? sounds like it could be a bad ground or a hole(if its the bulb) somewhere in the lens. I would also agree with the wheel hub bearing(ive replaced the same bearing on my GTP 3 times(twice on 1 side))....sounds like a definate case of TLC
Old 01-07-2007, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Nope, no salvaged title.

The bulb keeps blowing out. There was a small hole in the top of the housing, got it all fixed and it lasted for 3 weeks before it blew again. Before it would blow the next day.

Thanks for all the help guys.