General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

An old dump truck has nothing on my car, lots of smoke!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 01:09 AM
XLZ
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default An old dump truck has nothing on my car, lots of smoke!!!!

I have a feeling it could be a piston ring, but Id figure Id ask here to see if it can be anything else... ever since I installed my PSP LT's and ORY, its been smoking a little bit... i figured hey, could be cuz I deleted the cats... i guess I was wrong... ive had a forearm injury since August 06 so I couldnt do any maintenence myself, so I got my oil changed at my local meineke. Oil was filled, etc etc (I checked it when I got home cuz my friend had his oil changed at walmart, they didnt put enough oil in it, and the engine seized up lol, so i wanted to be safe)... that was 1000 miles ago... now, my oil is almost gone, and the car SMOKES beyond belief... its a dense gray smoke, when I drive down the road I can see a cpl little puffs in my rearview mirror, and when I floor it, I feel I have blown a hole in the ozone layer... horrible. Feels like my exhaust is filled with hamburger meat and my car is a mobile grill. Also, i dunno what spark plug # it is, its the front passenger one, I installed NGK iridium plugs when I did my headers in July, when I pulled the old one out, the threading was soaked in oil. Please help :-\ It only has 56k miles (im stressing "only").

*EDIT* Not to mention, when I first bought the car stock back in August 2005, I drove 160 miles from NJ to upstate NY, and only used 1/4 tank of gas... thats a 3 hour trip.... recently, I drove to Harrisburg, PA which is a 2 hour drive, and I had to fill up once on the way there, and once on the way back

*EDIT #2* Also, when Im idling in drive at a stopsign/stoplight, the car idles very weird...itll idle fine for like 5 seconds, itll drop a little bit, then itll give me a quick "vroom" back up to a little above normal, and then it goes back to normal... and this process continues over and over...

Last edited by XLZ; 01-07-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

couple things you need to do, do a compression check...that will help you out with the cylinders....secondly drop the oil pan and see if youve done any damage to the rotating assembly....