General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problems

Hey guys I just wanted to put this out there cause I've seen alot of posts about weird electrical problems in our cars and no real answers. This might work for some might not for others but at least it's a good start.

About 4 months ago when I would roll up my drivers window I would get a bang somewhere in the door as the window would slowly go up. Once the bang happened the window would go at a noramal speed. Then about 2 months ago when I would lock my doors with the FOB the alarm would go crazy. If I locked the doors with the switch in side the alarm would od the same.

I also had lights that weren't working, spuraticly. So I looked found no answers and went to Autozone for a test of the batter. The battery was on it's way out. So I replaced it.

Everything was fine and good till last week...all the symtoms were back but also now my lights would flicker, radio would dim, my dash lights would cut out, and the alarm was on the fritz again.

So back down to Autozone checked out my altenator...wow 20 amps. Replaced that and everything is perfect again. knock on wood.

So like I said it might help some...might not others but it's a good place to start when you're having weird electrical problems in your car.