General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

license plate light

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default license plate light

So another common sense question, but i guess i have none cause im stumped.. so i got pulled over twice so far for having no lisence plate light.. i think i finally got the picture that i need a replacement. Anyway, i unscrew the little holder thing for the light and the assembly falls down. I look at it and try and see what to take off. The plastic holder thing says to turn counter-clockwise.. what do i turn counter clockwise, the whole assembly is once piece minus the light.. needless to say stary twisting and who woulda thought.. the light breaks! should i have just popped out the light (or turned the light? and not part of the assembly?) that light has never been changed so yeah, it was kinda gunky and stuck. help would be amazing right about now, thanks guys.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the light just pulls out, no twisting required, only required to disconnect the assembly so you can change the bulb. Did you just break the bulb in the mount or break the mount itself?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i broke the bulb in the mount. thanks lol. anyone know where i can get a lisence plate light assembly lol.. looks like im just gonna have to pry that ****** out.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the rest of the bulb out and then clean the contacts inside the socket. Then just put a new bulb in that bitch and call it a day.