General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

any mechanics in S. Cali (LA/OC area) know how to seafoam the top end cleaning?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any mechanics in S. Cali (LA/OC area) know how to seafoam the top end cleaning?

i go to service my car at mike haddads, i told him about seafoam in the past so that in the future he could do it for me, but he said that he didn't read up on it yet. so is there a mechanic realiable that could do the part 3 seafoam step for my 96ss? 95K miles so far.

or a reliable member on this board that could do it for me? i'd be willing to pay. no way i am gonna do this by myself, im just not mechanically inclined.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theres a write up about it, check it out....it really isnt that hard
Old 01-27-2007, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel your pain, but the more you jump in and try things out, the more confidence you'll gain.

On the difficulty scale, I'd say it ranks right up there with changing your fuel filter. If you've done this, you'll have no problem with top end cleaning.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

easy. Just remember to use the pliers on the hose clamp for the booster assy.. It will save those finger tips from pain... a small flathead screwdriver or even a pry bar or butter knife can also be used to peel back the hose a bit so that the vaccuum gets broken from the line, and you can slide it off. A little tough, but im sure you can cope. Also, breaking it up into thirds... you can really just dump it in slowly until you can just fill it up the rest of the way... it will choke out and stall. If not, shut the car off and clean the TB and intake and while your at it check the oil and tranny fluid (auto) or anything else that may be needed... its an easy process, but MAKE SURE YOU DO IT OUTSIDE!!!! God, it will be a smoke show for sure.