General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP...pulley noise really loud and annoying

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP...pulley noise really loud and annoying

on my 04 gtp i recently been hearing a pulley grinding. It use to do it only in the morning when I went to start my car and I would rev it up and it would stop. Now it is getting worse and it does it when im driving. It seems to do good but once I start to get in the boost it will come on making this pulley grinding noise. Sounds like a pulley bearing has sand in it..Another way I can describe the sound is like when you spin a car wheel when its on the car and the noise it makes when its spinning on the rotor. Just need some ideals if yall can help. Thanks
Old 02-05-2007, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

you check fluid in the supercharger? theres a little black allen screw where the snout starts, right behind front fuel rail there. pull that screw and see how much fluid is in there. if you have some miles on it and havent changed the fluid yet might as well do it while your there. i used a windex bottle squirter to suck the old fluid out and into old windex bottle. bought i believe 2 little bottles of supercharger oil from gm,they were like $12 each bottle maybe? could also be the water pump bearings goin bad since its right below s/c pulley you could be hearing that and think its the supercharger pulley
Old 02-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for your help man...Actually it was my ac idler pulley makin all the noise. I went and bought a new for 16.99 and now its perfect again...but like you said I need to check the supercharger anyways cause I just got the car and havent checked it yet. Thanks
Old 02-05-2007, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

gotta love fixing it yourself for cheap. goodlcuk with the car. we have a 01 4dr gtp mid 13`s all day. definitely fun cars to drive
Old 02-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

What mods are you running? I plan on going upper 13's with CAI, 3.4 or 3.5 pulley, with headers, and just a downpipe. I might be wrong but its worth a try this car really pulls for bein stock so I think it has potential