General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I Hate Autozone!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy I Hate Autozone!!!!

So I bought a Optima red top from Autozone about a year and a half ago, and it is not working properly. I went back thinking it would be no big deal....

Well they said it tested bad, but they needed to look up my receipt.....They couldn't find it under the number I ALWAYS give them!

They said that they couldn't do anything about it.

I tried to stay calm about it, being that it is a $150 battery and all. So I asked if they could find the manufactures date on the battery. They found it, and it was Feb 2005....

So I said, "ok, so I for sure bought it after then, which means that it is under 3 years.....can I get it replaced?"

They wouldn't do anything for me......I AM SOOOOO PISSED OFF!

I have spent probably a good $3000 in there in the last 3 years and they couldn't exchange a damn battery....

Any suggestions?
Old 02-21-2007, 02:43 PM
On the tree

I can to some degree see their point as it will be hard for them to get credit from Optima for the defective battery.

How did you purchase the battery? cash, check or credit card? Maybe you can go thru your statements and get them a closer time and or date of purchase.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sneakyws6
I can to some degree see their point as it will be hard for them to get credit from Optima for the defective battery.

How did you purchase the battery? cash, check or credit card? Maybe you can go thru your statements and get them a closer time and or date of purchase.
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

district manager mauahaha
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you give them another phone number for the record? Another name? Another card?

Talk to the manager. Talk to the regional manager. Talk to corporate. Email corporate. Let it be known you'll do those things.

Find your receipt (you did keep it didn't you?) Show them that part of your charge card's statement for that day to prove you purchased something that price that day/month.

Be calm. Be positive. Be firm.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Incredible
Did you give them another phone number for the record? Another name? Another card?

Talk to the manager. Talk to the regional manager. Talk to corporate. Email corporate. Let it be known you'll do those things.

Find your receipt (you did keep it didn't you?) Show them that part of your charge card's statement for that day to prove you purchased something that price that day/month.

Be calm. Be positive. Be firm.
Well I know around what time I bought it, and which clerk I bought it from, but he doesn't work there anymore....

I also know that I paid with a credit card, but I got rid of that card a year ago......so I can't look up my Online Bills.....

I have had the same phone number for my whole life (parents), so I know that wouldn't be the problem.

The only thing I can see is that the idiot who took my info, didn't put it in correctly. He got fired for being a "dumbass" or so they said....

I got the district managers name and phone number, maybe she can help me out...
Old 02-21-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

shell be your best bet, they wont cause a problem over a 150 battery....thats nothing to a district manager
Old 02-21-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

this is why i keep receipts for warranties
Old 02-21-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good deal. Be polite, and mention the $3k worth of other stuff you've purchased there...
Old 02-21-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wowsers
this is why i keep receipts for warranties
ALWAYS KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS....... I have a shoebox full of them with anything that came with a warranty...
Old 02-21-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by staringback05
shell be your best bet, they wont cause a problem over a 150 battery...thats nothing to a district manager

she will just have to authorize that she knows you or whatever so they get credit for the exchange.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by firebirdman469
The only thing I can see is that the idiot who took my info, didn't put it in correctly. He got fired for being a "dumbass"...
Thats why you ensure your not a co-conspirator dumbass by saving your purchasing information in the form of a receipt. Otherwise all you can do is bitch about it,...... oooooohhhh,.... wait,... thats all your able to do, isn't it????.... my bad!!!!!

Last edited by Weezzer; 02-21-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

I worked for autozone for the three months before I got a job at the local chevron refinery, and as far as i know, anything over a year was warranted for optima's. It may be different in different areas but that was what it was around here. After that one year, it got deleted. BUt if you bitch enough to the dm they'll change it out real quick.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by firebirdman469
So I bought a Optima red top from Autozone about a year and a half ago, and it is not working properly. I went back thinking it would be no big deal....

Well they said it tested bad, but they needed to look up my receipt.....They couldn't find it under the number I ALWAYS give them!

They said that they couldn't do anything about it.

I tried to stay calm about it, being that it is a $150 battery and all. So I asked if they could find the manufactures date on the battery. They found it, and it was Feb 2005....

So I said, "ok, so I for sure bought it after then, which means that it is under 3 years.....can I get it replaced?"

They wouldn't do anything for me......I AM SOOOOO PISSED OFF!

I have spent probably a good $3000 in there in the last 3 years and they couldn't exchange a damn battery....

Any suggestions?
toss it through their window
Old 02-22-2007, 02:50 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Weezzer
Thats why you ensure your not a co-conspirator dumbass by saving your purchasing information in the form of a receipt. Otherwise all you can do is bitch about it,...... oooooohhhh,.... wait,... thats all your able to do, isn't it????.... my bad!!!!!
Is it really necessary to be a DICK about it? I thought that businesses had electronic references to save you from having to keep receipts.... OH WAIT...and on top of that, after about a year, the ink is so light you can't see **** anyway.

In other words.....stop being an *** dude, if I wanted an asses response I would've asked you to fart.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Take it to Costco if you have a membership and show them the sticker. They have a great return policy especially if you told them you bought it there. I would know since I used to work there =)
Old 02-22-2007, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

Costco sells Optimas? I just called them, yes, indeed,
Red Tops are $139.99
Yellow - $169.99

Last edited by darom; 02-22-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

That sucks bro. The small town I'm from if you don't have a receipt they usually let it slide and its cool. I always go to my local O'rielleys they have always took care of me.

Kyle
Old 02-23-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Optima is carried by Interstate Battery. You should be able to get it warrantied at least to some degree by any place thats a dealer. If you know someone at a Bodyshop, Car repair facility, etc. they may be willing to help you in some manner. I've warrantied Interstate batteries for customers who didnt purchase from me. The last guy had to pay a small pro rate, $22, but it was on a $140+ motorhome battery so not soo bad.
On a side note, I had called interstate while that customer was here and I was quoted $20 for the warranty. When the customer showed up, he went ballistic that the driver calculated the actual cost @ $2 more...chewed me a new ******* and said I was dishonest. I told him it wasnt even my charge, it was interstates but it didnt matter. LOL, this is why nationwide warranty guarantees dont always get honored!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

That's why I don't buy anything electrical from Auto Zone.. Something always goes bad or doesn't work at all.

Quick Reply: I Hate Autozone!!!!