General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Rattling on Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay I will go bury myself in the WTF is that stupid rattle solved category. It was the freaking headlight cover on the passengers side and also there was a ******* rock wedged real good between the floor board and the y-pipe. Had to get a hammer to pound it out. Now I just have the normal crappy *** rasp from the ORY. Thanks Guys
Old 03-06-2007, 08:54 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by *98Formula*
Okay I will go bury myself in the WTF is that stupid rattle solved category. It was the freaking headlight cover on the passengers side and also there was a ******* rock wedged real good between the floor board and the y-pipe. Had to get a hammer to pound it out. Now I just have the normal crappy *** rasp from the ORY. Thanks Guys
I have to fix mine. One of the screws backed out from the vibrations. It's so freaking annoying I can barely stand to drive the car.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got screws for mine from Advanced Auto. I used small phillips head screws and just used a large washer with a tiny hole in the middle. That way the washer holds the lid down and not just the screw. I put Blue LocTite on that bitch when I put it back in so it better not come loose again.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:04 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by *98Formula*
I got screws for mine from Advanced Auto. I used small phillips head screws and just used a large washer with a tiny hole in the middle. That way the washer holds the lid down and not just the screw. I put Blue LocTite on that bitch when I put it back in so it better not come loose again.
Mine still has the screw attached to it. It just backed out from vibrations and I have to tighten it again. Which I'm about to go do right now.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:02 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

I just fixed mine a couple hours ago. The screw had only backed out about two turns, but enough to drive me insane. I haven't driven it yet, but it should be nice and rattle free.

Quick Reply: Rattling on Acceleration