Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
Here's a how to:http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html
You should check this kit out: http://www.autotrix.net/
Hope this helps & good luck
Im currently replacing my passenger window motor and doing the autotrix wiring thing. I just got home from work im gonna go back down and get at her. Im at the stage of lining up the new motor in the door. Then I will start the wiring part from autotrix.

I can't wait to finish I will have the autotrix mod and passenger auto window mod. My windows are going to be awesome!
Old 04-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Teching In

any one else done the "window mod" ? ? wondering if it is worth the money or not. the one i put in from autozone flexes the door panel in and out when rolling up and down, and makes a bunch of noise, the one i bought from advanced works better for some reason and has a lifetime warranty to. oh well.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Regular

The OP has a bad driver motor. The AutoTrix kit wires the passenger motor to its own power source. My passenger side still goes down a little slower compared to the driver side after installing the kit, but I think I need to grease the track.

And from what I understand, the kit assists in cases where you are rolling both windows down at the same time. I think in the long run, it helps alleviate the wear and tear of both sides? Not sure. It's easy to do if you're doing the passenger side and not that expensive.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Teching In

i bought some window track lube from a local ford dealer for 17 bucks, pricey, but worth it.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02BEAST
Hey guys my driver side window motor is gone the window goes down very slowly and when I put it up it;s soo slow even stops I then have to wait a few minutes and put it up again then stops again I beleive it is the motor can someone tell me how hard it is to replace yourself is there any guides on this.Thanks guys
I had to replace both of mine last fall, it was time consuming but not too hard. It really helps is you have an extra pair of handsor two helping you out that can hold the window, and move it up and down to get the motor in there and aligned easier.