General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Header Install after results EEK ***VIDEO **

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Install after results EEK ***VIDEO **

I just installed LT headers in my car about a month ago. Everything was fine no problems, no sqeaks, no nothing. When I first started it up I noticed a sqeek sound. I ran my scanner and it was Cylinder 4 miss firing.

The funny thing is when I originally took off the spark plug wire to cylinder #4 I saw a blueish corrish in the inside of it (the part thats connected to the coil pack). Anyways I could see a spark arching from the top of the boot of the spark plug to a nearby bolt.

So I ordered a new spark plug wire from a guy off here. It arrived today, and I noticed that it was bigger in length, about 2-3inches bigger then my original spark plug wire. So I fire up my car and there is no more spark arching. The sound has seemed to stopped, then the squeaking comes back Tieek Tieek Tieek. Then im getting small backfire puffs seems like from that one cylinder. And under the hood I can hear a tick tick tick tick rapidly on the left side of the engine bay, seems like its coming from the coilpack. But the tick sound im not sure if its a normal sound.

So now I have no idea what to do other then ordering a new coil pack and spark plug wires. My car was set to come back on the road this friday but I dont think I should insure it if its makin these sounds.

Cell phone video... Caution swearing involved. Sorry lol..
Old 03-22-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

i am not at all to sure how to go about doing it. But i would test the coil pack first. i have herd before that they have a tendency to go bad.

ohh right and btw other than the noise your car sounds good.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

hehe thanks

Does anyone know if I can switch around one of those 4 packs on the coil pack rack with another one? To see if its just that coil pack or do I have to get a new #4 cylinder coilpack. Or do you have to buy the whole side?

Anyone know what im talking about?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All the coil packs should be fire by itself regardless of its location, the only thing that would matter is the wire that hooks in to it that "turns it on".
Old 03-24-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

Hmmm I switched around my coilpacks and the same noise was there so that means its not the coilpack. The only thing I can think of now that is the problem is the spark plug? Maybe its got a hairline crack in it...?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

is your car running to rich? it may of been and fouled out one of your spark plugs. thats why your getting a back fire,