General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help with daily driver!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Need help with daily driver!

OK guys I know its not a LS1, but I cant figure this one out, and I need it fixed. The car is a 1995 Chevy Cavalier 2.2 automatic. Heres what happened I spun two rod bearings and replaced the motor with a junkyard motor. The motor I put in the car now has been completely disassembled and gone through to make sure it was ok. I used the head, intake, injectors, coils, and all the sensors off the motor out of the car. I started the car with the new motor and it will not idle at all. I have since put different injectors that I know work and have put new spark plugs, and wires to see if that was the problem. The only way I can get the car to idle enough to run on its own is to unplug a vacuum line, but it still Idles rough as hell. The weird thing is that you can jump in it and drive it and it runs great just like new, but it still idles like hell when you come to a stop. When you first start it you have to give it half throttle to get it to fire and then rev the **** out of it to get it to idle enough to where you can put it in gear. I have since changed the fuel regulator with a working one and still does the same thing. I have also had the plugs out and they were covered with carbon and I cleaned them off and it didnt help at all. The egr has been blocked off, because we thought that it may be hung open One last thing the car does seem to be running a little rich.

any thoughts would be Greatly Appreciated