General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Rocker Arms ques. please !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker Arms ques. please !!

What could happen if I made a mistake by starting with the wrong cylinder adjusting the rocker arms following the TDC arrow? I mean if I should start with #1 and instead I started with #6 thinking it's all good. Could this cause the engine not to start when trying to start it after this procedure and back fire like an orange county chopper? or it should start even if I started installing the rockers following the TDC by starting with the wrong cylinder?

I bought a 93 LT1 and I was told it ran great, before I droped it in my Z28 I just installed a 1.6 rockers replacing the stock ones and the engine didn't wanna start and back fire like ****.
I'm just concerened if the engine IS ok and I just did something wrong installing the rockers. What do you guys think?
Old 04-01-2007, 12:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not really understanding what you did but as long as you installed and torqued them with the valve being closed you will be fine. There are always a couple valves closed at any given time and it doesn't matter which one you start with. Hope this is what you were looking for.