General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

99 camaro, help me jimmy rig my cruise control button

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 camaro, help me jimmy rig my cruise control button

So I was just driving one day and I felt something hit my leg, I looked down (not while still driving) and I noticed the button on the end of my turn signal lever had popped out along with its spring. Try as I might I cannot get the thing to go back together and not having cruise control is getting old.

I took some stuff apart and noticed that there is 4 wires coming off of this lever and plugging into the steering column. I unplugged this and my turn signals, wipers and high beams still work, so I can only assume these wires are for the cruise set/resume switch. The GM replacement part for this is $150 and i really don't like cruise THAT much. I trial and errored my way through bridging some of these wires trying to get cruise to engage so that I could make my own push button switch but I did not come up with a way to get cruise to turn on.

If anyone knows the specific pinout of this part or of a way to get cruise control back I would really appreciate it and probably paypal some money your way
Old 05-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just checked Gmpartsdirect and it was $115.72 shipped. (part# 25140743) This lever will pull right out of the column switch with a slight pulling and twisting motion. Don't force anything while turning it. You might try a junk yard.

Chris

Quick Reply: 99 camaro, help me jimmy rig my cruise control button