General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

How do I adjust the drivers side front fender on my 97 TA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do I adjust the drivers side front fender on my 97 TA?

The drivers side fender is lined up a little too close to the door, so when I open the door, the bottom edge of it rubs the bottom edge of the fender. It's just enough to where the paint is getting dull.

Also, the door is out a little further out at the bottom than the fender which is probably part of the problem. If you've seen fenders on cars where they've been jacked up at the incorrect spot and then the fender sitcks out--it is the opposite of that. Instead of sticking out, it's a little bit in. I'd like to get it to stick out maybe 1/8 of an inch like my passenger side is. Should I just jack it up at the left of the jack pad a little?

So basically I want to know how to adjust the fender so it doesn't rub the door.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take out your inner wheel well for starters

on the inside center theres a bolt, take it loose, theres also 2 bolts under the edge of the fender. have a friend take a screwdrive and move the fender around and position, then while he holds it, you tighten all the bolts down. it takes a bit of trial and error but its not hard.