General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need some misfire help

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some misfire help

background info:
i was taking a potential buyer for my car on a ride and he asked my to punch it so i did. car ran good and pulled fine, i coasted for a while and took an exit. i got about two miles down the road and came to a stop sign. at the stop sign the car really started to miss bad at idle and stumbles from a take off. at idle you can really smell unburnt gas. (cam only car)

i replaced all of my plugs and wires and it still is missing bad. also it still smells very rich at idle. i have no clue what it could be, mabey a bad coil or something?

also the car is throwing no codes and on the live dash the spark jumps around.

any help or input is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Teching In

I'm in the same boat, I changed all wires, plugs and coils, i was throwing a multiple cylinder misfire. Still no luck, someone told me it could be my intake manifold?
Old 06-10-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sapper5000
I'm in the same boat, I changed all wires, plugs and coils, i was throwing a multiple cylinder misfire. Still no luck, someone told me it could be my intake manifold?
same boat here i got random misfire after i changed my plugs, rechecked and everything was fine.....i drove long distance and code went away and car went to normal now its back misfiring
Old 06-10-2007, 01:58 AM
On The Tree

I hope someone can help me figure this out. i need the car up again for work on monday or i have to hitch a ride for work.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

ok update all coils are fireing and still the car runs like it has a huge misfire, i went over all plugs and wires and everything is good. forgot to say in my first post that the car also has a clank that gets louder with rpm.

i drove the car around the block and it feels like it has no power at all. took of my oil filter and cut it open, no metal at all in filter or oil. i decided to remove the passanger valve cover because that is the side all the noise is coming from, all rockers were ok and no pushrods are bent.

now im thinking it could be a bent valve, im not sure how a car would run with a bent valve though. im done messing with it today though.

i appreciate any help or input from you guys.