General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help ! Abs - Tech2 Diagnostic Tool

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help ! Abs - Tech2 Diagnostic Tool

Trying to figure out whats wrong with my abs inop, brake , ars lights they wont stay off!! I read the sticky post at the top of this page. Great info. brings up some questions that I need answers to. Where can I get a tech2 tool? Do they rent the tool? where? Will the tool pin point the problem area? Any other advice would be appreciated too!! Thanks.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Veteran

The sticky really needs updating... heh.

Sounds like you are a shop. In that case, if you really want a Tech2 you can purchase them on ebay from time to time for about 2000 dollars. A cheaper solution is to use a tuning suite like EFI-Live to scan for trouble codes that most readers won't get. EFI-Live will pull codes from the ABS Module and it costs a lot less!! If a low cash route is for you just get the dealer to pull the code. They will run 70 dollars I am sure.

Knowing the code would definately help. We might be able to help you then. Otherwise you are left with getting the diagram out and manualy checking all the connections. Or replacing parts.

Tell us more about the car. Wrecked? Just stopped working?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

No, I am not a shop. I am just a lifetime f-body owner. I have seen just about everything that could go wrong over the years now this is something new. I just want the best and cheapest way to find out what I need to fix or replace to get my car back to 100 percent!! My wife ran over a curb with both the front and rear passenger tires about 3 weeks ago. I was following behind her in a u-haul truck and witnessed the whole thing it was totally f@#ked up!! she blew out the back tire and bruised the front side wall. Claims that she was sneezing and took her hands off the wheel for just a split second!!!! Anyway about a week after the fact the sensors started acting up. I checked the wiring and they look like primo condition. I have to believe that its probably a sensor gone bad I just dont know which one. I hate guessing. I probably will need to go see the dealer. My inspection sticker needs to be renewed and it wont pass with my dash lit up like a x-mas tree.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

OOH, I almost forgot! Thanks for the advice!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Veteran

I would say it might still be possible to be a wiring issue. Would just have to check the resistance of each wire with a multimeter.

Hope you get it fixed. I have seen everything with my car, too. I guess it is half the adventure!