General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power window problem (not dead motor)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power window problem (not dead motor)

I had my driver window motor replaced 2-3 weeks ago and they were much faster and worked flawlessly until today

I had the windows down and as i got home i put them back up but the driver window went up once inch and stopped. Its not dead because its brand new and i dont have to wait to go back down. I repeatedly hit up and down on the switch and it goes up and down fine but its stuck about 1 inch after going up and it wont move.

What could the problem be!? Its ruining my dad because its pooring and i cant leave with the window stuck down. Thanks!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Staging Lane

I just came on looking for the same answer only I just replaced BOTH motors yesterday

Hopefully someone has an answer
Old 07-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Teching In

I def don't have the answer, sorry but I have an issue with mine when I push up (on accident) while its up when I first turn on the car I have to turn off the engine then turn it back on and start over sometimes it take a few times. I am replacing the passenger side motor in mine soon, hopefully I have better luck.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

Take the door panel off and make sure the back wheels is on the track. I have seen a few come off in the back which wont allow it to roll up but it will roll down. Hopefully that is your prob
Old 07-05-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Went back to the shop that installed it and i guess a rivet was blocking it or something..they fixed it and its working fine now