General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/C blows warm and hot air only

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 06:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iggys11secz
how much did you put in? did you put in just a one pound can? most systems take around 2 lbs of r134a refrigerant. you may have to add some more to the system.
I added a 19 ounce can. I thought about adding more, but the pressure was already at the right PSI for the ambient temp. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MJK
Did it cylce on to take the can or did you jumper it?Thanks...
It cycled on to take it. I did not have to jumper the low pressure switch. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jon5212
I think you need to do a total evacuation of the system with a vacuum pump, then get get some leak detector or take it to a shop and have them run a leak detection on it. Seems like you have a leak. With the A/C running have felt either of the pipes that go into the firewall or to the compressor? One should be pretty ice cold. If its not, it is more than likely still low on refrigerant, but if it IS cold you may have a problem with your HVAC system and it may not be closing off a vent correctly or it is stuck on the "hot setting" opening the damper to let air come across the heater core. I think your best bet would just take it to an A/C professional and have them run a leak check.
Neither pipe gets cold and the accumulator also does not get cold like it used to. It looks like I must have a leak because the gauge now only shows 35 PSI. When I filled it yesterday it was at 55 PSI. Last night it read 45 PSI. I did not use any sort of stop leak. Does that stuff ever work or is it just a waste of $$$ ? Thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its a waste of money, i've tried it b4 on past cars lol. I'd get it into a shop and have them run a UV leak detection.

Quick Reply: A/C blows warm and hot air only